Men’s hoops stop road losing streak

The Quinnipiac men have had a difficult year on the road, having not won an away game all year (0-12). After losing a tough game on the road last week to Robert Morris (75-67), the Braves traveled to Pennsylvania to battle the Red Flash of Saint Francis, where they pulled out their first road victory of the season, winning, 69-66.
Collin Charles led the Braves with 23 points five assists, recording his 12th 20-point performance of the season. Jared Grasso also added 18 points, as well as extending his successful free throw’s streak to 21. Kareem Lee added 13. Jason Rosato chipped in on the glass, leading the Braves with nine rebounds.
A well rounded team effort improved their record to 6-20 overall, 3-16 in the conference. Saint Francis fell to 9-18, 9-11 in the NEC. With this victory, the Braves played the role of the spoiler, ending the Red Flash’s chances at postseason play.
It was another close game for the Braves, who increased their record to 2-5 in games that have been decided by five points or less. Quinnipiac was trailing by nine points (36-27), at halftime.
Saint Francis opened the half by extending their lead to 11. However, Quinnipiac responded with a 19-7 run, ending with a three pointer by Lee.
The Braves had cut the lead (46-45) with only 11:44 remaining in the game. Jared Grasso’s three pointer pushed the Quinnipiac lead to seven, and they increased it to 11 points with only 2:30 left in the game.
However, the Red Flash came back, closing the gap to two points. Charles hit one of two free throws, putting the Braves up by three with six seconds remaining.
St. Francis’ Jamal Ragland missed a three point attempt at the buzzer, sealing the victory for Quinnipiac.
Ironically, the men’s last away game was also their first away win. The one thing that makes Quinnipiac men’s basketball stand out in the league isn’t their record its their heart.