Butch Bradley bags laughs

Comedy Central favorite Butch Bradley entertained students on Sept. 24 in an intimate setting sponsored by QUAD. In addition to being a regular on the “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson,” Bradley has also appeared on TV shows like “The Jamie Kennedy Experiment” and “Star Search.”

“Butch Bradley’s performance was great because he was really interactive with the audience,” QUAD member Lauren Wolman said.

Wolman and other QUAD members saw Bradley performing at a conference last year. Since they enjoyed his comedy so much, they decided to bring him to Quinnipiac. In regards to his comedic style, Bradley is known for his humorous descriptions of everyday fears and anxieties. With his energetic and expressive personality, Bradley entertained students with a skit about scary movies. He poked fun at people who think their bed sheets can protect them from monsters or murderers.

“Since there was a relatively small audience, his style was really interactive and personal,” Wolman said. “He talked to a bunch of audience members, which made it a really entertaining show.”

Raised in Atlantic City, N.J., Bradley grew up watching comedy legends like Rodney Dangerfield, Don Rickles, and George Carlin. Bradley’s impressive experience has led him to open for comics such as Ray Romano, Cathy Ladman, and Lewis Black.

With his popularity continuously growing, Bradley now performs all over the country. He most recently performed for troops in Afghanistan and Iraq on the USO Tour. With his upbeat humor and fast paced improv, it seems that Butch Bradley’s career will continue to flourish.

Photo credit: ES.TV