RAVE and WRECK of the week: Sept. 29, 2010

RAVE of the week: New “Idol” judges

Jenny from the Block is back, but she’ll have to put contestants on the chopping block in her new gig. After months of rumors and speculation, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler are officially joining the judge’s panel on Season 10 of “American Idol.” There were several empty seats to fill since the departures of former judges Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres, and Kara DioGuardi. Tyler is best known as the lead singer of the successful rock band Aerosmith, and Lopez is best known for her singing, dancing, and acting careers. Original judge Randy Jackson will return for the 10th season which premieres January 2011. Since the original three-person judge’s panel is back, Cowell’s role as the “mean” judge and Abdul’s role as the “overly encouraging” judge are up for grabs. Published reports speculate J.Lo will earn about $12 million for her first season of “Idol.” Tyler and Lopez are certainly qualified for the job, considering Lopez has won two American Music Awards and Tyler’s band Aerosmith has won four Grammy Awards. “Idol” fanatics will have to wait until January to find out if Lopez, Tyler, Jackson, and host Ryan Seacrest will be one big happy family.

WRECK of the week: More celebrity adultery

Tiger Woods, Jesse James, and David Boreanaz are old news. David Beckham and Ashton Kutcher are the latest celeb husbands to be accused of hopping on the adultery bandwagon. This isn’t the first time pro soccer star Beckham has been accused of cheating on his wife, former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham. The call girl claiming to have been with Beckham five times told In Touch magazine the athlete paid $10,000 per night. Similarly, Star Magazine published a story claiming that a source witnessed Kutcher kissing a blonde woman that clearly wasn’t Demi Moore. Both celebs deny the rumors and have threatened to file charges against the publications. In Hollywood, rumors and gossip spread as quickly as the common cold. But more and more call girls are publicizing their alleged affairs with “A-list” husbands. Naturally rumors can’t be deemed true unless there is proof to support the claims. But since the allegations against Woods, James, and Boreanaz proved to be true, some are skeptical about Kutcher and Beckham’s denials. When did infidelity and sex addiction become the new fad? Pathetic women need to stop throwing themselves at married celebs, and guys like Woods and James need to control their hormones. For the sake of Posh and Demi, hopefully these accusations turn out to be just hearsay.