Bobcats prepare for NEC Championships

Penn Relays

The Quinnipiac women’s outdoor track team sent three athletes to the Penn Relays in Philadelphia to compete with more than 100 colleges from across the nation. Senior Lindsay Pierret, sophomore Morgan Roche and freshman Becca White all competed in the meet. White posted a time of 17:16.40 in the 5,000-meter run, placing her 18th in the event. Her time was good enough to qualify for a spot in the ECAC Championships in Princeton on May 14-15.

Pierret and Roche performed well, but their times in the 10,000-meter and the 3,000-meter, respectively, were not quick enough to send them to the championships. Pierret’s time of 37:50.41 placed her 33rd overall and Roche finished 25th overall with a time of 10:32.02.

Yale Invitational

The Quinnipiac women’s outdoor track team competed in its final meet before next week’s championships, running at the Yale Springtime Invitational on Sunday.

Sophomore Katie Beam and freshman Andrea Szarkowicz headlined the day for the Bobcats. Szarkowicz finished second overall in the 3,000-meter race with a time of 10:28.74. Beam competed in the 1,500-meter race earlier in the day and ran a personal-best time as she crossed the line in 4:53.54.

Junior Jeana Favat also posted a season-best time (1:08.05) in the 400-meter hurdles.

Freshman Patty Massa also competed in the 1,500-meter race and broke five minutes as well with a time of 4:59.05. Sophomore Julie Lanning completed the 3,000-meter race not too far behind Sarkowicz, in 10:43.34.