Seychelles throws college party for lingerie line

What college girl wouldn’t love a night of fun, friends and some cute lingerie?

Seychelles Dresses, an upscale clothing boutique in downtown New Haven, hosted a Lingerie Party for local sororities on Friday, April 17.

A free gift bag and a raffle entry to win a pink, lacy negligee greeted girls at the door. Hors d’oeuvres and beverages were served while everyone shopped around and took advantage of the discounts.

This was the first lingerie party that Seychelles held in celebration of their recently expanded lingerie line, but from the looks of its success, it sure won’t be the last.

“The new line is very feminine, pretty and sexy, and we introduced bold colors, like hot pink, purple and yellow for summer. And since we are in a college community, we figured targeting college girls would be the perfect way to get feedback on the line,” Keisha Blake, co-owner of Seychelles, said. “I’m designing a lingerie line with my mom for the fall. The new line is called Intima.”

Kelsey Tarczanin, a junior public relations major at Quinnipiac and a frequent customer of Seychelles, works for Yale University Properties, the same building Seychelles is located in. She decided to team up with Seychelles and reach out to everyone.

“I really love the new line, especially all the bright colors. And I don’t think that people associate lingerie with Seychelles, and I wanted to help spread the word,” Tarczanin said.

This new line includes thongs, boy-shorts, bras and negligees ranging from $5 to $36. Not only is the underwear comfortable and fun, but also extremely affordable, which is great for any college girl on a budget.

“Not every woman is comfortable going to Victoria Secret, for example, and trying on bras. We offer a more intimate atmosphere,” Blake said.

“The staff and the owners were so friendly and helpful, and I loved the lingerie. It was all such a good price. I would definitely go back and buy another piece,” Alpha Chi Omega freshman Carly Chubet said.

Seychelles has been in business for about 20 years and has hosted many parties. Last year they did a party series where upcoming designers did a trunk show and talked with those who attended. They plan to host future lingerie events as they continue to expand their intimate apparel line.