QU All-Decade Team

Men’s Soccer
Graciano Brito (2005-08)
Forward

The two-time NEC Player of the Year certainly left his mark on Quinnipiac’s soccer program. He set program Division I records in goals (40) and points (92). During his time as a Bobcat, he was named an All-American in his junior and senior year. In his senior year, he also led the nation in points per game (2.05) and goals per game (1.0). He is only the fifth player in NEC history to win Player of the Year titles twice in his career. Just recently, Brito became the first Bobcat during head coach Eric Da Costa’s tenure to play major professional soccer. The former Bobcat signed a professional contract with Clube Operario Desportivo of the Portuguese League.

Others: GK Freddy Hall, F Everson Maciel

Women’s Soccer
Elisa Goncalves (2000-03)
Forward

She was a three-time All-NEC first-team member for her first three collegiate seasons before registering a second-team honor in her senior season. In her sophomore season, she earned NEC Player of the Year honors and scored a team-best 35 points (16 goals, three assists). She also led the Bobcats to their first NCAA Tournament appearance in her sophomore season. For her career, Gonvalves became the third player in Quinnipiac history to record 100 points, finishing with 109 in her four years.

Others: F Kirsten van de Ven, D Leisl Lissfelt

Men’s Ice Hockey
Reid Cashman (2003-2007)
Defenseman

He will go down not only as one of the greatest defenders in program history, but one of the greatest college hockey players. He was a three-time All-American and finished as Quinnipiac’s all-time leader in games played (151) and assists (125). He ranks seventh all-time in points and registered 40 or more points in each of his final three seasons, becoming just the 16th defenseman in Division I history to accomplish the feat. As a sophomore he led the Atlantic Hockey league in scoring with 45 points and was named a Hobey Baker Memorial Award finalist. In 2005, he also became the first defenseman to lead a Division I conference in scoring since 1987.

Others: F David Marshall, F Brandon Wong

Women’s Ice Hockey
Janine Duffy (2006-10)
Forward

The senior forward has been the most dynamic player for the 2009-10 Bobcats. She currently leads the team in points with 23 (11 goals, 12 assists) and has helped Quinnipiac to its most successful season in program history. In her junior season, she finished second on the team with 18 points (nine goals, nine assists), and was named the team’s MVP. The senior forward has a chance to make history as the Bobcats look to make the ECAC Hockey playoffs for the first time in program history.

Others: F Gillian Gallagher, F/D Vicky Graham

Men’s Basketball
DeMario Anderson (2006-2008)
Guard

Perhaps the most highlight-worthy play of the decade occurred during his senior season. On Feb. 28, 2008, Anderson earned the top play on ESPN’s “SportsCenter” with a half-court buzzer beater to defeat Central Connecticut State in overtime. The guard finished an illustrious Quinnipiac career by earning the NEC Player of the Year in 2008, averaging 21.7 points per game, 6.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists, and 1.5 steals. After transferring from CCSU as a junior, he amassed 1,063 points in his two seasons at QU and 1,654 for his career.

Others: G Rob Monroe, F James Feldeine

Women’s Basketball
Erin Kerner (2005-2009)
Guard

In the 2008-09 season, the senior guard netted an 18-foot jump shot against Sacred Heart to give her sole possession of the Quinnipiac Division I career points mark. Kerner finished her career as the all-time leading scorer in Bobcats’ Division I history with 1,700 points. She also claims program records in 3-pointers made (186) and second in steals (207).

Others: C Ashlee Kelly, F Monique Lee

Baseball
Bryan Sabatella (2003-05)
First Baseman

His junior year at Quinnipiac will always be considered one of the best in the history of the Northeast Conference. In 2005, he became just the second player in NEC history to win the Triple Crown. He led the league with a .405 batting average, 11 home runs, and 40 runs batted in. Thanks in large part to Sabatella’s efforts, the Bobcats went on to win the NEC and advance to the NCAA Tournament for the first time in program history. Drafted in the ninth round by the Seattle Mariners after his junior year, he was the leader of the most successful baseball season in Bobcat history.

Others: OF Brian Monack, P Pat Egan

Softball
Sarah Collins (2002-06)
Infielder

She began her Bobcat career playing shortstop and made the NEC second-team as a freshman posting team-highs in home runs (4) and RBIs (30). Back at shortstop for her sophomore season, Collins broke through with a record-setting year. In what was the Bobcats’ first NEC Tournament appearance, she posted a Quinnipiac record .432 batting average during the year. She also finished with 13 home runs and 39 RBIs.

Others: SS Christine Bourdeau, OF Maria Browne