Coffee House adds to nightlife

More than 30 students came out for poetry, music and a relaxing atmosphere at Quinnipiac’s Coffee House on Thursday, Sept. 20.

Although the students in attendance were only seated in the Bobcat Den, it had the feel of a more refined environment. The lights were dimmed and all eyes were on the performers.

“It really is a place where students are able to showcase their own work and demonstrate their talents,” said Jerome Palmeri a senior media production major, who read poetry and kept the audience involved between acts.

The audience stayed involved throughout the night by suggesting songs, singing along and ranting about different campus issues.

The Coffee House is already gaining popularity among students. A Facebook group has already been created to not only inform members of upcoming events but also to allow them to share ideas.

“Fordham University has a student run Coffee House on a much larger scale and we aim to model ourselves after that,” said Mike Castro, a senior media production major, who played guitar, harmonica and sang.

The event, held every Thursday from 9:30 p.m. until 11:00 p.m., provides students with an alternative nightlife activity.

“Most Quinnipiac students are devoid of artistic expression and a large population of the school is uninterested,” Palmeri said.

Despite how some students feel, heads were turning as patrons of the Bobcat Den had an unexpected treat when they stopped by for a late night meal.