Dear Alicia:

Some people say I am rude. Others say I am blunt. I think I just tell it like it is, in the nicest way possible.

I’m Alicia. I am the head copy editor for The Chronicle and I am also the editor for this new section, Campus Voices. We have a whole new editorial board this year for The Chronicle so we are going to try a few new things. Right here in this section we are going to give you a ‘Dear Alicia’ column. Every week I will answer one of your questions. Whether it is about the campus, classes, teachers, jobs, internships, friendships, family or even love.

So what can I tell you about myself? Most people respect my honesty and others kind of shift away from it. I want everyone to know that I am by no means a person who is trying to hurt anyone’s feelings, sometimes the truth just hurts.

I am a print journalism major and a Psychology minor here at Quinnipiac. It is my senior year (exciting but very depressing) and I have been writing for The Chronicle and The Summit Yearbook since my freshman year. I play on an all girls intramural softball team in the Spring, I live off campus with one of my best friends and I am currently an intern-interactive at The Hartford Courant Newspaper.

Let’s see… what else? When I am not at Quinnipiac I live in Oradell, N.J. and spend my Summers at my shore house in Ortley Beach, N.J.. I have two younger sisters who mean the world to me and parents who do everything in their power to make my sisters and I happy and comfortable. I have also been in a relationship with my boyfriend since my senior year in high school. He is a marine and was recently deployed to Iraq. He is a very big part of my life and some don’t understand why I am dealing with a long distance relationship at such a young age, but it is completely worth it to me. I have amazing friends, here on campus and at home, that are with me every step of the way.

So here is how it is going to work. If you have a question for me, email me at [email protected] need to be in by each Thursday at 5pm the latest. And if you would like to be anonymous, just make sure to let me know when you submit your question.

Happy Questioning!