Dance Co. celebrates 20th year; says goodbye to seniors

Dance Company, Quinnipiac’s student-run performance group, will continue to celebrate its 20th year this May, and say goodbye to 16 of its graduating seniors.

On May 3 to May 5 (Thursday through Saturday) at 7 p.m. in Buckman Theatre, Dance Co. will have their final performance of the year. Last semester, the group began celebrating their 20th anniversary, and this performance will be the close of this honorable celebration. The theme for this spring’s performance will be “Bring on the Heat,” and, as mentioned before, 16 seniors will be leaving the group; the largest number of graduates the company has ever had. Because of this, the seniors will be performing their own dance routine at some point during the show, as a way to say goodbye.

“That’s going to be a really big thing,” said Colleen Daniels, Treasurer of Dance Co.

According to Daniels, who has been a member of Dance Co. for four semesters, and has been treasurer for this semester, over the past couple of years Dance Co. has been improving and expanding their dance styles and techniques.

“We’re starting to get involved in different programs.this semester we had a hip-hop showcase,” Daniels said. She added that the group has seen a lot more hip-hop over the past couple years, due to changing group members and leaders’ own styles and preferences.

Daniels recommends that for people interested in going to see the shows at the beginning of May to show up at least 45 minutes early, when people usually start lining up.

“A lot of people usually go and love it [the performance],” Daniels said.

To become a member of Dance Co., auditions are held at the beginning of each semester for energetic and dedicated individuals. The group has a table at the Involvement Fair, and watch for posters next semester on when auditions will be held.