SGA President delivers first ‘State of SGA’ speech

The Student Government Association made Quinnipiac history Wednesday when President Jennifer Rosenbaum delivered the inaugural State of Student Government speech to a crowd of 30 in the Mancheski Executive Seminar Room.

Rosenbaum spoke about the function and purpose of SGA. She first described the internal structure of SGA which is divided into five subcommittees: programming, student concerns, finance, public relations and presidents/vice presidents. Each subcommittee has its own responsibilities.

The Programming Committee has been responsible for organizing events such as the Bobcat Tailgate that preceded a basketball game last semester. The committee is currently planning events like a luau and a Legends of the Hidden Temple game, Rosenbaum said.

Rosenbaum also called for students to utilize Student Government as a resource.

“Our Student Concerns Committee works to address any problems Quinnipiac students may encounter,” Rosenbaum said. “They’ve set up a Web site, QUConcerns.com, to give students a place to voice their issues.”

The Student Concerns Committee is currently working to try to reduce the 1.9 percent fee the university charges students for using a credit card to add money to their Q-Cards. The committee is also disseminating information about the student ticket distribution for the athletic games at the TD Banknorth Sports Center as well as the planned renovation of Caf