Take advantage of what Quinnipiac has to offer

When I first walked onto Quinnipiac’s Mount Carmel campus, my mind was made up. I knew this would be my home for the next four years.

And it truly has been my home away from home, but there’s one major reason Quinnipiac holds a place so close to my heart.

As a high school student, I mostly kept to myself. I stayed with my one group of friends and participated minimally in a couple of clubs and organizations.

At the time, it was perfect for me. I was so engrossed in my studies and getting into college I didn’t feel the need to get involved. But now as a senior at Quinnipiac, when I look back at my high school experience, I can’t believe what I was missing out on.

I felt like I had wasted my time in high school, and I knew that had to change or my college experience would not be beneficial for me.

Since the first day I stepped foot on this campus as a freshman I signed myself up and got myself involved. I committed myself to my organization, which happened to be The Quinnipiac Chronicle, and it helped me grow as not only a journalist, but as a person as well.

The majority of my friends I made because I got involved. All of the people I have met during my time here, whether it be members of administration, students or professors, it’s all because I got involved. I have made memories that I will take with me for the rest of my life and learned valuable lessons, skills and knowledge to help me succeed after I graduate.

As I write this, I have never felt more accomplished in my life than I have at this point in time.

Now that you are here, attending such a prestigious university, don’t waste your time. When you walk around the Quad during the involvement fair, don’t be afraid to sign up for a bunch of clubs and don’t be afraid to try something new.

Who knows, maybe you’ll feel as accomplished as I do.