Rave: Napping

[media-credit id=2147 align=”alignleft” width=”368″]IMG_4107[/media-credit]

Napping is the human equivalent of charging your phone. It rejuvenates you and gives you the power you need to survive the day. Any little bit of energy can go a long way, whether it’s for your phone or your mental health, and a nap is the ideal way to get it.

Here is a list of times that naps are acceptable: In the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, at night, at dawn, at dusk, right after you wake up, after class, before class, sometimes during class, in the shower, in between courses of meals, during intermission at sporting events, during a boring phone call, etc…

Napping can make you happier than you’ve ever imagined, and while you may not have time to nap every day, the next time you get those few hours of luxurious beauty sleep, the world will be alright again. In my professional opinion, a nap can be five minutes or a nap can be 12 hours. A nap, by my definition, is a period of time spent sleeping, not for the purpose of sleeping, but for the purpose of recharging your body and mind. One good nap can lift your spirits for days or even weeks and that, my friends, is something to celebrate.

So next time you’re feeling overworked and under the weather, take a step back from your desk, fall face down on your bed and take the nap that you deserve. It could make a bigger difference than you’d ever expect.  –M. Fraitag