Fall television preview:

Classes have started and everyone knows what that means: premiere week is almost here! Many old favorites appearing on this fall’s lineup alongside several new shows hoping for viewer approval.

“The Office” will be returning on Thursday nights at 8:30 on NBC starting Sept. 21. This season will include new love interests and moves to another branch in Stamford.

“America’s Next Top Model” will air Wednesday nights at 8 on The CW, premiering Sept. 20. Viewers can expect 13 new girls competing for the title in the show’s 7th season.

“Desperate Housewives” returns on Sunday nights at 9 on ABC beginning Sept. 24. The new season bids farewell to the odd Applewhites and introduces plenty of new drama for the residents of Wisteria Lane.

“The O.C.” will be returning Thursday nights at 9 on FOX, but will not be premiering until Nov. 2 after the completion of the World Series. This season finds most of the group off at college, while Ryan tries to cope with Marissa’s death.

“Grey’s Anatomy” will be testing out a new timeslot, moving to Thursday nights at 9 on ABC starting Sept. 21. This season will bring answers to some of the many questions left at the end of last season, including whether Meredith will get back together with Derek, whether or not Burke will be able to perform surgeries ever again, and whether or not Izzie will be returning as an intern.

“Lost” can be found Wednesday nights at 9 on ABC, premiering Oct. 4. This season will introduce several new characters, and the show will focus less on fantasy and more on romance and action.

“House” returns Tuesday nights at 8 on FOX and will premiere on Sept. 5. In the new season, viewers can expect the confusion of last season’s finale to be cleared up, with House having gone into surgery at the end of the season.

As attached as you may be to your favorite shows, don’t forget that there are plenty of new ones debuting to keep you entertained this fall.

“Ugly Betty,” for instance, will be airing Thursday nights at 8 on ABC beginning Sept. 28. The show features a girl named, well, Betty, who is hired at a fashion magazine because she is the only girl that the editor-in-chief will not be distracted by.

“Happy Hour” will be shown Thursday nights at 8:30 on FOX starting Sept. 7. The show follows Henry Beckman, whose move to Chicago lost him his girlfriend, job, and apartment, but gets him an interesting roommate.

“The Class” will be airing on Monday nights at 8 on CBS beginning Sept. 18. This new show will follow a group of third grade friends reuniting after 20 years.

“Six Degrees” will be shown on ABC Thursday nights at 10, premiering Sept. 21 after “Grey’s Anatomy.” The show features six complete strangers whose lives all overlap in Manhattan.

“Runaway” will be airing on Monday nights at 9 on The CW beginning Sept. 25. In this drama, Paul Rader is wrongfully accused of murder, forcing him to take his wife and kids into hiding.

“Standoff” will be shown on Tuesdays at 9 on FOX starting Sept. 5. The show follows an FBI couple as they try to negotiate through dangerous situations.

With so many new and returning shows premiering in the coming weeks, there is sure to be something out there for everyone.