Get things done

The fall semester has only just begun but before you know it, it will be time for midterms and finals. You likely have already been assigned homework or readings.

Female college students spend 10 hours a day on average on their phones, while male students spend eight hours a day on average, according to a study done at Baylor University.

To keep productivity levels high, download these apps for free to your smartphone.

Evernote

Write notes, organize articles and share your work with others on a modern workspace that syncs between all of your Apple products. Evernote also acts as a personal assistant by allowing you to track your expenses, plan your travel arrangements and turn business cards into contacts. This app is efficient and helps college students and workers alike.

Wunderlist

Wunderlist is the ultimate to-do list application. Not only can you share your lists with family and friends, but you can sync your lists between your phone, computer or tablet. You can attach photos, presentations or PDFs to your to-do lists, set reminders for important deadlines and organize everything in separate folders. You can make a free account or sign in with Facebook, Windows or Gmail.

Pomodoro Pro: Work & Break Timer

Procrastination is the bane of every college student’s existence. Pomodoro Pro is an easy-to-use countdown timer. Customize your work timer length and customize your break lengths. You can also view daily and all-time completed session statistics.

Finish

Finish is a task manager conceived as a way to combat procrastination. The app is packed with clever ways to avoid deadline anxiety and keep you on track before the due dates get too close. The “Bother Me” button continuously reminds you when a due date is approaching. You can also easily review the tasks you’ve already “Finished” so you can feel accomplished.

Trello

Trello’s tagline is “like a whiteboard with super powers.” This app is perfect for keeping everyone in your group project in the know. You can create boards to organize ideas, share them with others and make “cards” to track important tasks, write comments, or add photos or video. The best part is that every update someone makes is synced and uploaded directly to the cloud.

Swipes

This app is great for the GTD (Getting Things Done), Type A people who like a sleek design. Swipes helps you automatically collect all your tasks in one place and organize them by priority. The app is fully-integrated with Gmail and Evernote. You can snooze tasks for later so you can focus on one task at a time.

Priority Matrix for Smartphone

Sometimes things can get overwhelming and you drop the ball. Priority Matrix works on Apple products and Windows. The app uses four quadrants that lets you know at one glance what you need to work on today. These quadrants allow you to decide which tasks are the most important for you to address at any given time.