Drucker promoted to VP, dean of students

By Julia Perkins and Sarah Doiron

Monique Drucker, current associate vice president of student affairs, has been appointed to become the next vice president and dean of students, effective April 1, the university announced Tuesday.

“This appointment reflects Monique’s demonstrated leadership and ability to keep abreast of national trends and best practices that will continue to enhance the student experience and student success at Quinnipiac,” President John Lahey said in the MyQ announcement.

Drucker and fellow Vice President of Student Affairs Cindy Long Porter have been splitting the responsibilities of the dean of students since August 2013, when Manuel Carreiro became the senior advisor to the vice president and provost.

In the position, Drucker will report to Executive Vice President and Provost Mark Thompson and oversee various aspects of student life, including Greek life, orientation, student conduct and student health.

Drucker began her career at Quinnipiac in 1996 as assistant director of student activities and has held various positions within student affairs and campus life.

“I consider the role of the vice president and dean of students to be among the most important, given its breadth of responsibility and impact on student life,” Executive Vice President and Provost Mark Thompson said.

The university held a search for the vice president and dean of students position last academic year, but did not find a suitable candidate. The search continued this academic year.

“After robust exploration of candidates in the national marketplace, and careful consideration of skills, experience and style, I am confident that Monique is the right person to lead the student affairs division,” Thompson said. “Monique brings a demonstrated track record of success in enhancing service to students, promoting collaboration and accomplishing meaningful institutional change.”

Stay with the Chronicle for more updates.