Men’s hockey to play first ECAC game Friday night

This Friday at the Hartford Civic Center, the men’s ice hockey team will take the ice against Harvard in its inaugural ECACHL game at 7 p.m. The entry into one of the most prestigious leagues in college hockey represents a milestone for not only the hockey program, but for the University’s athletic program as a whole.

“I hope that the entire Quinnipiac community takes part in this historic event at Quinnipiac,” said Athletic Director Jack McDonald. “Quinnipiac will play Harvard in one of the region’s most popular sports in Connecticut’s largest arena. This is truly something everybody should try to be a part of.”

Tickets will be on sale all week in the Athletic Center ticket office, which is located in the Athletic Center lobby, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tickets are free with a Quinnipiac ID and two tickets can be purchased for $15 if any student is interested in bringing guests. QU-Cash can be used to purchase tickets.

Tickets can also be purchased online and at the Hartford Civic Center itself Friday evening from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tickets at the Civic Center will be $15 for adults and $7.50 for children.

A free bus will be provided for all students and staff wearing their Bobcat Gold t-shirts. The bus will leave the North Lot/Athletic Center parking lot at 5 p.m. and will return to campus 30 minutes after the game ends.

Students attending the game via bus are asked to fill out a brief survey so the Athletic Department can ensure enough buses for everyone. Additional information about transportation and ticket prices is available on the front page of Quinnipiac’s Athletics website at www.quinnipiacbobcats.com.

As a promotional event, a free beverage will be awarded to those who wear a gold Bobcat t-shirt to the Caf