Hot campus styles for fall

With the heat of summer slowly fading, glamour experts agree time to retire the Boho skirts and wedge sandals for the exciting new styles of fall. Fashion editors at Cosmopolitan magazine say this fall is all about size: big skirts, big coats, and big belts. Put away the beach bags and fill your closet with rich colors, and long brightly colored beads. The hot fabric for fall is velvet.

Fall must-haves include fitted jackets with military detailing and luxurious fur items, according to local department stores like Lord and Taylor, Nordstrom, and Filene’s. Whether the lavish fur (faux or real) appears on your sweater, coat, or handbag, it will keep you trendy through the cool days of fall. Romantic blouses and lingerie tops are hot, especially when detailed with feminine ruffles or lace. Black is back, yet again, and greens of all shades are in. Top off an amazing fall outfit with round toe peek-a-boo heels in a rich color and texture.

The fashion professionals at Glamour magazine suggest chunky sweaters, menswear trouser pants, floaty skirts, and belted coats. Glamour says flat riding style boots are a great alternative to stilettos this autumn.

Experts at InStyle, another popular fashion magazine, say fur vests will add sophistication to your fall wardrobe. They say chic tulip skirts with a bell curve and savvy skinny pants are hot for the upcoming season. Rich colors like brown, gold and plum will be highlighted in stores everywhere.

Don’t forget to accessorize. Fashion editors at InStyle say medium-size metal-hinge bags in leather, cottons and tweed are the perfect choice for a handbag. IVillage.com says “skinny scarves” are the accessory to sport this fall. Two-toned, striped or cashmere scarves with delicate fringe will spruce up any outfit. If you aren’t in the mood for a scarf, slip on long layered necklaces and bead-wrapped bangles. Yellow-gold and wooden jewelry are also popular this autumn.