Students and alumni of Alpha Chi Omega sorority gather for annual brunch on campus

The Iota Phi Chapter of Alpha Chi Omega held their annual Alumni Brunch on Sunday April 24 in the Mancheski Executive Seminar room in the School of Business. About 20 alumni joined the current members of Alpha Chi Omega at the “Family Reunion” themed luncheon. Each family tree was displayed on the board while composite pictures of past and present members were framed around the room.

Each new member that joins Alpha Chi Omega becomes part of a family that can be traced back to the founders of the Iota Phi Chapter of Alpha Chi Omega at Quinnipiac University. Some family trees have nearly 25 sisters while others are smaller and have only 10 members.

“This was my first Alumni Brunch. I hoped to meet someone from my family. I liked to hear about the other Alpha Chi experiences,” said Jillian Bianco, sophomore, psychology and elementary education major. Bianco is a member of the fall 2004 class of Alpha Chi Omega.

Included in the festivities was a special thank you to everyone who attended and Alpha Chi Omega’s flower, the red carnation, was given to each alumni who came to the event. The alumni were very pleased to hear about Alpha Chi Omega’s recent accomplishments of raising 15 thousand dollars for the fight against domestic violence as well as being the Most Outstandin Greek Organization and Best Community Service Organization for the 2004-2005 academic year.

“It was so nice to see how much this chapter has done,” said Smita Chawla, Quinnipiac alumni from the class of 2003. “Keep up the good work. I hope to come back again next year.”

Co-organizers of the event, Beth Lupinski and Katelyn Edelstein were pleased with the event because the brunch was very successful and had more alumni attendees than ever before.

“We are trying to strengthen the Alumni support,” said Danielle Barbarich, sophomore journalism major. ” Alumni are really important to our chapter.” Barbarichis a member of the fall 2004 pledge class.