Lloyd Banks, not 50 Cent, will perform May Weekend

The Student Programming Board works tirelessly through the year to put on programs for the student body each week ranging from concerts, lectures, comedians and several others. One of the Programming Boards largest responsibilities besides putting on quality programming is to plan and run May Weekend for the University. With the help of security, facilities, athletics, the health center, residential life, career services and most of all the student center staff; the programming board would not have the support needed to make May Weekend a reality. The time and effort put into May Weekend behind the scenes by the programming board is unbelievable considering it is run by 12 students and an advisor with a lot of help and support from the university.

After much deliberation and several student assessments the final outcome for May Weekend is that as our theme says “It’s Kind of a Big Deal.” As the concert chair for the programming board I am very happy and proud to announce that Lloyd Banks and Clipse will be the Friday night concert. After a recent review in The Chronicle making reference to 50 Cent coming to campus I felt it is both appropriate and necessary for everyone to know that although 50 Cent has been rumored to perform he will not be at Quinnipiac University for May Weekend. It has been brought to my attention that several individuals have expressed some disgust for rap music and others extremely enthusiastic for Lloyd Banks arrival on campus. All in all as the concert chair for the past two years I have done my best to show all aspects of music including rock from Third Eye Blind, EMO from Dashboard, classical/piano from Vanessa Carlton and to round it all out, rap from Lloyd Banks and Clipse.