Latino Cultural Society to hold first Latin Dance Fest

The Latino Cultural Society [LCS] will be holding the first ever Latin Dance Fest on Friday April 15, at 8 p.m. The event will be held in Alumni Hall and will feature Quinnipiac performers such as Dance Mode, Q-Unit and Step Squad.

“We are excited about this event because so much of the Latin culture is in our music and dance that by showcasing it to the Quinnipiac community is allows us to spotlight the Latin world,” said Erica Gargallo, vice president of LCS.

The event will also feature examples of Merengue, Salsa and other traditional and modern Hispanic dances.

The entrance fee is $2 in advance and $3 at the door. Proceeds from the event will go towards The Literacy Program of Waterbury.

LCS, which was reestablished last year, is one of the leading organizations that helps to promote cultural diversity at Quinnipiac.

“With our Cinco de Mayo event, we tried to bring the culture to campus through music and food, but with this event, we are bringing dance to the community which is something all students can enjoy and relate to,” Gargallo said.

Members of the local community and one Quinnipiac professor will also be performing at Latin Dance Fest.

“There is a lot of talent on this campus that most people don’t know about,” Gargallo said. “By having this event, we are not only promoting the Latin culture, but we are also exposing other student’s abilities and we are also showing what is out in the community.”