Fire extinguisher discharged in Ledges

Julia Perkins

At approximately 12:50 a.m. today, a student pulled the pin on a fire extinguisher in the second floor of Ledges residence hall, releasing a white haze and activating the building’s smoke detectors, according to Chief of Public Safety David Barger. Students were evacuated from the building and the Hamden Fire Department arrived. At 1:30 a.m., the Hamden Fire Department left and students were allowed back into the building, Barger said.

Public Safety is currently investigating the situation and has several leads, Barger said.