Panhellenic Council wins Excellence Award

The Panhellenic Council at Quinnipiac won the National Panhellenic Conference’s College Panhellenic Excellence Award on Aug. 12, according to a press release. This is the first time Quinnipiac has received this award, President of Quinnipiac’s Panhellenic Council Cara Gilmartin said.

“We are so excited to have won this award,” Gilmartin said. “It’s a huge honor for us and shows how much pride and dedication Greek women have for their organizations and the Panhellenic community.”

The National Panhellenic Conference is one of the largest women’s advocacy organizations and represents the 26 national and international sororities, according to the press release.

The group received this honor because it excelled at the seven functions of the National Panhellenic Conference, Gilmartin said. These functions include recruitment, Panhellenic structure, communication with the National Panhellenic Conference area advisor, judicial procedures, Panhellenic programming, academics and Panhellenic community impact and relations.

“NOC received scores of nominations to recognize the outstanding work and achievements of undergraduate sorority women working together,” executive director of the National Panhellenic Conference Nicki Meneley said. “These awards are given to those who are following the exemplary standards of Panhellenic women.”

According to the press release, the National Panhellenic Conference has been awarding college Panhellenics for more than 50 years.

According to Gilmartin, 14 other schools were given the College Panhellenic Excellence Award on Monday. The National Panhellenic Conference also recognized 19 other schools that met five of the conference’s criteria with the College Panhellenic Achievement Award.

A representative from the National Panhellenic Conference will be presenting the award to the Panhellenic community at Quinnipiac soon, Gilmartin said.