‘He’s Just Not That Into You’ offers true to life advice for dating in 2004

Every girl, whether the biggest pessimist or optimist, has criteria or an image of Mr. Right. With a set checklist in mind, women go to clubs, bars or parties to find the man of their dreams. Then they eventually find a potential Mr. Right who they believe will make them happy beyond belief and save them from loneliness. That Mr. Right promises to call; however, two days go by, four days, a week, and a girl will still wait by the phone hoping and wishing he will call. After about a week and a half, many girls will have a night in with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s ice cream (the only two men a girl can depend on in a crisis), a sappy movie and a few girlfriends to discuss and decode any mixed messages Mr. Right passed along. Is it possible that maybe Mr. Right was just not that into you? First time book authors Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo help women universally dissemble guys Morse code with the novella, “He’s Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuse Truth to Understanding Guys.”

Recently featured on the Oprah Winfrey show, “He’s Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuse Truth to Understanding Guys ,”emphasizes the idea that the excuses men give to either leave a relationship or try to leave women stringing on a tightrope are inexcusable, encouraging women to flee their so called Mr. Right for empowerment in their independence. Co-author Behrendt, a former consultant for HBO’s, “Sex and the City,” tells women the cold, hard truth about men: they flee because they are just not that into you. With chapters titled “He’s just not that into you if he is not calling you,” to “He’s just not that into you if he’s a selfish jerk, a bully, or a really big freak,” Behrendt is the Dear Abby consultant to soon-to-be independent women everywhere (after they read his words of wisdom, of course.)

In addition to Behrendt’s sharp-wit responses to women’s inquiries regarding Mr. Right’s “real” intentions for a relationship, co-author Tuccillo, a former executive story editor for HBO’s “Sex and the City,” writes of how each scenario represented in the book is tough for women emotionally. She tries to ease the pain of women who have been misled by men they have dated or are dating by providing personal experiences of her many romantic relationships.

If the consulting words of Behrendt and Tuccillo are just not enough for readers to swallow, this novella offers activities and checklists preceding each chapter. The checklists give readers a list of what they should have learned after finishing each chapter. For example, the chapter titled “He’s Just Not That Into You if he’s Married” has a checklist at the end of what readers should have learned in the chapter such as: “unless he’s all yours, he’s still hers and there are cool, loving single men in the world. Find one of them to go out with.” In addition to a checklist, a workbook activity comes after such as listing all of things you want in a man and actually going out to meet your expectations.

“He’s Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuse Truth to Understanding Guys” gives women a chance to ask what guys are really thinking and readers insight into their own relationships.

No longer will women have to spend hours at a time waiting for a phone call or dissecting words and actions that led to a breakup. For less than $20, potential readers can finally recognize that “he was just not that into you.”