PRSSA learns how to have ‘Success and The City’ at national conference in NYC

The Quinnipiac chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America attended a national annual conference at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City from Fri., Oct. 22 to Tues. Oct. 26.

The conference, titled, “Success and The City,” was hosted by the Fashion Institute of Technology and brought together public relations students from all over the country, including students from Tennessee, Washington, Hawaii, Kentucky and Utah.

There are currently 31 official national PRSSA members at Quinnipiac. PRSSA sent 18 students to the conference this year, which is the most that have ever been sent in the three years PRSSA has been at the school.

“This conference provided PRSSA with great networking opportunities, workshops, and it was a chance to enhance our public relations skills as aspiring PR professionals,” Erin Conley, a senior and PR director for the chapter, said.

“It was a great opportunity to meet students from schools all over the United States. I feel more confident about entering into the PR profession after attending this conference.”

Workshops were offered throughout the weekend, including ones specifically for executive board members and those looking to enter a certain branch of the public relations field.

Workshops titled, “Sports Marketing and the 2004 Summer Olympics,” “The Communications Family: How Public Relations and Publicity Relate to Each Other,” and “Behind the Beauty: The Fabulous (and not so fabulous) World of Fashion and Beauty Public Relations,” were only a handful of the plethora of informational sessions offered to students throughout the weekend.

There was also an internship fair, resum