QU Chronicle: Students informing Students

The Quinnipiac University Chronicle is the student-run newspaper. It is published every Wednesday. Over 2, 000 copies are distributed around campus and, this year, at selected locations in Hamden. This year, The Chronicle is being published with color pictures as an attempt to improve the quality. Although most students enjoy reading it, many students and faculty still think it could be improved.

Lauren Bonacci, junior occupational therapy major, likes the color improvements this year, but still thinks it could be better.

“I like how they use color now for their pictures,” Bonacci said. “But I wish the photos were more clear.”

Bonacci also likes the advice and editorial columns. “It’s good to know how students feel about issues on and off-campus, because that way, people can try to improve them if necessary,” Bonacci said. Will Davenport, sophomore political science major, agreed.

“I read it every week,” said Davenport. “I think it’s a great outlet for students to find out what’s going on around campus.”

Florencia DiDiego, senior public relations major, and Bonacci both agreed that the best parts of The Chronicle are getting advice from Ricky and reading up on the crimes in Hamden.

Others also like the advice from Ricky and Sara. Michelle Streckenbach, junior biomedical science major,r turns straight to this section.

“It’s fun to read the advice they give,” Streckenbach said. “Sometimes the questions are so weird and the responses are so out there, but it makes for good reading.”

Some students, however, think The Chronicle could be improved.

“Every time I open up the paper, I am quickly confronted with five or six obvious grammar or spelling mistakes,” Andrew Roy, senior english major, said. An english professor also mentioned the poor editing and high error content.

Raymond Anthony, senior management and public relations major, thinks there are many mistakes, but said that it’s understandable because this is not a professional publication.

“I think it serves a good purpose and honestly I like the paper,” Anthony said. “No one here is a professional editor so some mistakes may occur.”

Michelle O’ Hara, sophomore occupational therapy student, has a radio show, and sometimes The Chronicle comes up as a topic of discussion.

“I do read the chronicle,” said O’Hara. “Often times we’ll discuss it on our radio show. I think some of the articles could be better but it’s a student newspaper and for those that are going into the profession, there is no better way to practice. So all in all it’s a good thing.”