Spring Break: never too early to plan

At this point in the semester work has piled up, and the weather has gotten colder. Students would like nothing more than to be enjoying a relaxing time away from classes, projects and work. That is why many students are planning their escape in the form of spring break.

Spring break is the week in March when many students will fly to an exotic location and unwind in the sun before they have to finish out the semester.

“I will be spending my spring break in Pompano Beach this spring,” Eileen Brown, junior history major, said.

“It is somewhat near all the Florida hot spots so if I really want to go party I will be able to easily, but it is slightly more sedated and inexpensive. I will be spending most of my time relaxing on the beach with my roommates, which is exactly what I will need after midterms,” Brown said.

If expense is an issue, which it is for many students, fear not. Now there are more ways for students to actually get to their spring break locations. By way of studentuniverse.com, cheaptickets.com and expedia.com, students are able to go all over on their student budgets.

“I found tickets on studentuniverse.com roundtrip from New York to London for only $188, which is amazing,” junior Danielle Mooers said. “So now I will be able to visit my friend who will be spending the semester in London over spring break.”

Booking the trip online can also make it easier for students who will already be out of the country studying abroad.

“I will be studying in Australia next semester, so over my break I will be visiting New Zealand,” Melissa Concepcion, junior mass communications major said. “I found some really cheap rates online which was definitely one of the reasons why I decided to book”.

“Since I will be in London next semester and I am planning to go to Paris for my spring break, maybe even Italy,” Meredith Roberts, junior public relations major, said.

But not all students are intending to go off to an exotic location.

“I am too lazy to pursue plans,” Rich Devoe, junior accounting major said. “I am going to use the time to go home and see all my friends, just hang out and take it easy”

No matter what you do for spring break remember to stay safe and enjoy your time to relax while it lasts.If you have not started planning for spring break, you have plenty of time, but no matter what you do make sure you are safe and enjoy it.