Love & Relationship Advice

Dear Ricky and Sara,

My girlfriend and I broke up last year. We live in different states so I did not see her over the summer nor did we talk. I still have strong feelings for her but I do not want to go back out with her. When I ran into her this year, we exchanged pleasantries and went our own separate ways. I want to say more hoping that it will help elevate my feelings, but it seems like there is too much to say. Should I just go back to trying to move on? Or should I say something more?

-Torn Lover

Dear Torn Lover,

First off, you need to figure out what you want. How is it that you can have such strong feelings for someone, yet not want to go back out with them? If you look into what you actually wrote, you might see that you miss the bond you had, and not the whole girlfriend aspect. You might even need to reconsider the reasons as to why you broke up in the first place. If you can’t move on after all this time, maybe you do need to say something. You are young and should be having fun with someone you know you care about, not be debating about your ex for months. Your best bet is evaluating why you think you should be together, and then letting her know how you feel. Just don’t be surprised if she has moved on and is seeing other people. Good Luck.

Sara

Ricky was unavailable for this week.

Editor’s Note – Dear Ricky and Sara are not trained psychologists, they are students just like you. With most problems, there are many solutions, this is just one suggestion.