Better picture of health developed

On Wednesday, April 7th, 2004, Quinnipiac University Student Health services hosted a health and wellness fair in Alumni Hall.

This event was made possible through the efforts of the more than 45 agencies that participated in this health conscious event throughout the day.

Some of the agencies that attended were the American Red Cross, the State Police, the American Cancer Society, Chartwells Dining Service, Career Services and various other on and off campus organizations.

Throughout the event, there were many opportunities for participants to see where their personal health is at, through tests and screenings and there were also many give-a-ways aimed at helping to promote a healthy lifestyle.

Services, such as blood pressure screenings, glucose tests, body fat percentage tests and many more, were available for those that attended.

These tests helped participants to see what they need to do in order to help maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Students and faculty that attended the fair found it to be an excellent opportunity for them to take a step back and take a look at their overall health picture.

“I really enjoyed the fair,” Lisa Teitelbaum, junior marketing major, said. “It was such an excellent opportunity for students and staff to see where their health is at and where is should be.”

Student Health Services hopes to host such an important event every year.

Jesse Elgarten, senior, broadcast journalism major said, “I went for the free stuff but was pleasantly surprised how informative it was and the resources that are available on this campus if students would just take the time out to look for them.”