SGA recognizes six new organizations

Six new student organizations have been recognized by the Student Government Association this past February.

The organizations that are newly recognized include: the Italian Club, AMICI; the Irish Club; the Computer Information Systems Club; the Cyber Crime Forensics Security Club; QURunning and the Step Squad.

Diane Russo, sophomore health science major, revised a previous Italian club constitution to get AMICI in accordance with Quinnipiac guidelines.

“The faculty has been more than happy to sit with me and discuss the process I had to go through, as well as any questions I’ve had. Numerous individuals, of Italian descent or not, have come forth willing to offer greatly appreciated assistance,” Russo said.

Kathryn MacDonald, junior in the Entry-Level Master’s Physician Assistant Program, formed the Irish Club.

One Irish experience that she would like to bring to the students of Quinnipiac is Irish dancing.

Russo and MacDonald stressed that students do not have to be of Italian or Irish descent to be members of their clubs.

Dave Macli, senior, and Robert Tordella, sophomore, both computer information systems majors, formed the Computer Information Systems Club for students to learn more about information technology.

Betty Jo Paternoster, sophomore in the School of Business, worked with Tordella to form the Cyber Crime Forensics Security Club.

Three members of the Cyber Crime Forensics Security Club, Tordella, computer science major, Brandon Cavanaugh sophomore interactive digital design major, and Brian Harris, senior, are planning on competing in the Norwalk Community College’s Cyber Security Challenge for college and high school students.

Lynda Bradley and Caitlin Macaulay, both sophomore occupational therapy majors and Jennifer Koehler, physical therapy major, formed QURunning.

The three founders trained together for a half marathon this past October.

QURunning will be having a meeting in SC207 on Sunday, March 21. For additional information you can also send an e-mail to [email protected].

Ruth Joseph, sophomore nursing major and Darrell Nurse, junior physical therapy major, started the Step Squad.

The club intends to teach students who want to learn more about a dance that involves rhythm stomping, clapping and cheering.

For more information on these new clubs, the founders can be contacted via their Quinnipiac e-mail accounts.

Students can find out more information from the Student Center Office, SC214, or by attending a new club/organization meeting on Fridays at 12 p..m. and 4 p.m. SC213.