Culture Shock 1/30

There’s Always a ‘Silver Lining’
Movie star Jennifer Lawrence stunned the crowd in a red Dior dress at the Screen Actors Guild Awards Jan. 27, all while being sick with walking pneumonia. She won the award for outstanding performance by a female actor in a leading role for “Silver Linings Playbook,” channeling her inner “Katniss” strength to stand out from the rest.

Brown v. Ocean
TMZ reported that Chris Brown and singer/songwriter Frank Ocean threw punches outside of a recording studio in L.A. Jan. 28. There’s still debate over who swung first, and some sources claim the fight began after Ocean refused and laughed about a handshake from Brown. Ocean plans to press charges according to the New York Times, and Brown’s rumored performance at the Grammys with Rihanna will most likely be cancelled.

No Destiny’s Child Reunion at Super Bowl XLVII
Beyonce will perform at the Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 3, without her former bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Williams shot down the rumours during a recent interview with WRUG radio. Beyonce’s going solo, per usual.

Ashton Kutcher in jOBS
“jOBS,” a movie about former Apple CEO Steve Jobs’ life, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival on Jan. 25. Steve Woziak, Apple co-founder, called the movie “embarrassing” because it didn’t portray his relationship with Jobs correctly.

Tina Turner turning Swiss?
Tina Turner announced her official transition to a citizen of Switzerland. Fox News confirmed that the Tennessee native swapped her U.S. passport for a Swiss one after living in Zurich for more than 18 years.

K-Stew’s fling legally splits
Huffington Post confirmed that Rupert Sanders, the director of “Snow White and the Huntsman,” is getting a divorce from his wife, English model Liberty Ross. It was reported that Ross couldn’t get over the affair he had with Kristen Stewart last year.

Return of the “Powerpuff Girls”
Embrace your inner child and catch the revival of Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup. Cartoon Network announced on Jan. 29 that viewers can expect a new look and new characters, including Fibonacci Sequins, voiced by Ringo Starr as reported by Vulture.

Clooney to star in Disney’s “Tommorowland”
Disney’s upcoming film, “Tomorrowland,” is based off of the Disneyland and Walt Disney World properties. George Clooney will star in the futuristic movie, which had many speculating about it’s plot until the announcement Jan. 28.