One terrible October

Three days after Rush Limbaugh resigned from ESPN over racial comments made about Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb he admitted to being addicted to prescription pain medication on his radio show. Limbaugh’s addiction began after an unsuccessful back surgery in the late 90s. Limbaugh’s housekeeper Wilma Cline had been reportedly buying the (OxyContin pills) for a cigar box stuffed with cash at local parking lots in Florida.

From July 2001 to June 2002, Cline told the National Enquirer she delivered enough pills to “kill an elephant.” Cline also meet with the authorities and told them that she purchased more than 30,000 hydrocodone, Lorcet and OxyContin pills over the year span as well.

In response to the recent events Limbaugh was quoted as saying “I’m not going to portray myself as a victim.” What hurt Rush was not necessarily admitting to the addiction, but rather a 1995 quote from Limbaugh stating “Too many whites are getting away with drug use. The answer is to find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river.” In Florida the penalty for purchasing large quantities of painkillers can be five years in jail.

During the late 90s, Limbaugh’s weight had ballooned to as high as 320 pounds and much of this can be accustomed to his father’s disapproval of the radio jockeys choice of work.

Limbaugh has been known to be depressed and also a very self-centered man. Twice divorced and thrice married, women who dated Limbaugh often spoke about how he talked about himself throughout the whole date. During his 1994 wedding to Marta Fitzgerald Limbaugh had to be reminded to speak about his wife when he choose to speak about his hatred of Democrats in stead.

On average Limbaugh has over 20 million listeners to his radio show and it is broadcasted by over 600 radio stations. The latest contract Limbaugh signed was for $285 million for nine years, he is currently the highest paid radio personality ever. “The Way Things Ought To Be,” Limbaugh’s book written in 1992 sold over 2.5 million copies. Limbaugh had his bags personalized carried into the White House by former president George H.W. Bush when he stayed in the Lincoln Bedroom in 1992 and was given an a seat as an honorary member of Congress after Republicans won control of the House in 1994.