Kiefer Sutherland returns as Jack Bauer in FOX primetime hit ’24’

Jack Bauer and his associates at the Los Angeles Counter Terrorism Unit have just begun another daylong adventure in hopes of averting tragedy.

The concept of “24” is simple but original and welcomed by many viewers sick of the standard sitcoms that crowd the primetime schedule for the major networks. Each season is twenty-four episodes long, each episode is one hour in the day and each hour takes place in real time.

Season one of “24” showed Bauer leading the way to avoid an assassination attempt on presidential candidate David Palmer, played by Dennis Haysbert. Season two of “24” dealt with Bauer and company striving to derail a terrorist plot to detonate a nuclear bomb in Los Angeles. Much happens beyond these basic plots during both seasons. Viewers can make up for lost time as the seasons are available on DVD now.

The third season of “24” began on Oct. 28 and set the stage for Bauer, played by Kiefer Sutherland, and his co-workers quest to avoid a bio-terror attack on Los Angeles.

During the first season of “24” there was a small but loyal audience for the show. The audience and ratings have grown with each passing episode and the availability of the show on DVD.

“24” is a highly addictive television program which is better if the viewer sees every episode but can be easily understood if a couple episodes are missed. “24” is aired locally Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. on Fox.

The drama is as good and original as network television gets nowadays and whether you choose to start with the latest episodes of season three or go back and watch from the beginning of season one, “24” is a show that all television fans can appreciate and enjoy.