Oh, the places you will go

The semester has begun and students are taking advantage of their free time before their class workload builds up.

There are many different activities for students to do on or around campus. Quinnipiac organizations like SPB sponsor various activities such as movie screenings and guest performers that offer students opportunities to be entertained on campus.

The Game Room, located in the student center, is a place where students can play pool, use the computers, or even just play video games.

Some students are taking advantage of the weather and spending their time outside.

“Once or twice a week I play intramural soccer,” said sophomore Michelle Clemente.

“I love to go out with my friends and play out on Hogan Field. Since I am not on the QU soccer team it is a great way for me to keep playing the sport I love with out it being really competitive,” said Clemente.

Quinnipiac University is right across the street from Sleeping Giant State Park, where many students go to spend some time outdoors. Students said hiking the mountain is scenic and can be great exercise.

“I love to hike the trails on the mountain with my roommates. Once you get to the top there is a really great view of campus,” explains sophomore Danielle Mooers.

“It’s really amazing when you look down and see how nice campus looks.”

Students also stay active by going to the Fitness Center.

“I like to workout at the gym at least once a day to compensate for the wonderful Quinnipiac cafateria and [Den] food,” said sophomore Scott Shillet.

Other students are excited by the opportunity to get off campus.

“I love going into Hamden and going out to eat with my friends or even just going shopping,” said sophomore Melissa Concepcion.

“Especially now since I can have a car on campus it is great to be able to go to Wal-Mart whenever I want,” explained Concepcion.

Quinnipiac students can take the Dattco shuttles to Hamden and New Haven where they can eat at restaurants, go shopping, or see a movie.

Still, students are simply satisfied by spending time with their friends.

“I love to just hang out with my sorority sisters,” Clemente said.

“I always have so much fun no matter what we do on or off campus.”

There are different options to match each student’s interest. Whether it is getting involved with a campus organization or just staying in your room and hanging out with friends, students are finding plenty of things to keep themselves busy.

For upcoming campus events students can check the Quinnipiac University calendar and keep their eyes open for banners in the cafeteria and in dorms announcing future programs.