Enzo’s Place opens on Whitney Avenue

Enzo’s Place opens on Whitney Avenue

On 3295 Whitney Ave., nestled between Andale Mexican Restaurant and Carlo’s Hair Connection, is one of Hamden’s newest openings, Enzo’s Place Café & Catering.

Owner Enzo Ciccone, along with his business partner, Jacob Burman, worked throughout the summer and officially opened this past week.

[media-credit id=1599 align=”alignright” width=”300″][/media-credit]

“I have worked in Hamden most of my life,” Ciccone said. “My sister and brother-in-law own a place down the street called Ristorante Luce and I had previously worked for them for the longest time. I have always been around the restaurant business and was looking to do something of my own.”
However, it was Burman’s vision that got the ball rolling. He wanted to open a gourmet deli and was looking for someone to co-own with.

Though Hamden is home to numerous delis and cafés, Ciccone stresses that Enzo’s Place is far different from the competition.

“It’s the cleanest, cleanest, cleanest place you’re ever going to find on this strip,” Ciccone said. “I’m a clean freak and so is my partner. [It’s] our number one priority.”

Ciccone also said he buys nothing but “the good stuff.” It’s fresh and he would never offer anything he wouldn’t eat himself.

Enzo’s Place, open seven days a week, offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They specialize in sandwiches and subs, both hot and cold, gourmet wraps and paninis, and pizza and also offer indoor and outdoor seating.
Eventually Ciccone and Burman plan to have beer and wine on the menu, as well as explore delivery options. Ciccone said that while their current hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., they plan to extend their hours Thursday through Saturday to cater to Quinnipiac students.

“When the kids get out of the bar or club and need someplace to eat, we want our place to be one of their options,” Ciccone said.

Ciccone mentioned that Quinnipiac students have already started visiting the establishment and since they are new, he is looking for their feedback on what they would like to see added to the menu.

Look for them at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Enzos-Place-Cafe-Catering/220668004725595