Siblings Weekend great turnout

Small children could be found roaming around Quinnipiac with their older brothers, sisters or relatives as part of Little Siblings Weekend on April 5 and 6.

The event was run by Residential Life, but residence assistants and student-run organizations around campus helped organize the weekend.

The theme for the weekend was “Monsters, Inc.” and the kids participated in games and activities based on the movie.

The kids and their older siblings made arts and crafts, characters out of styrofoam and other materials and colored pictures having to do with the film. A scavenger hunt around campus and a “Monsters, Inc.” trivia contest were also held.

Videos and bean bags were given out as prizes throughout the weekend. The kids who arrived first on campus given blue t-shirts.

After a lunch of all-you-can-eat pizza, soda and snacks, a mini carnival was held on the Quad. There was a moon bounce, an artist doing caricatures, fake tattoos, a man making balloon shapes and a blow up fooseball game.

While the kids enjoyed the fake tattoos, the blow-up toys were the most popular with all whom attended.

“My two nephews really loved getting the tattoos,” said Peter Gallay, a freshman mass communications major. “I personally was unimpressed that only the little kids could go in the moon bounce.”

Friday night, and twice on Saturday, the kids had the option of going to see the latest Harry Potter movie. Many kids were excited about the film and Quinnipiac students were also ready to participate in the event.

“I love Harry Potter,” said Christine Simons, a freshman interactive digital design major. “I think it’s one of the only movies that will ever come close to being as good as the book.”