Spring Break: a time for rest and relaxation

Every year, college students all over the world, plan their replica of “MTV’s Spring Break.”

The march break is not only a post mid-term celebration, but a time for friends to soak up the sun and make long-lasting memories.

Kristin Werlinitsch, a senior, has been to Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., and Las Vegas, Nev., in past years. Through internet research, she found a great deal of information on Puerto Rico and plans to go there this spring.

“I definitely wanted to go somewhere with a beach, and I’ve just heard great things about it and have always wanted to go there,” said Werlinitsch. “Going on vacation with your friends is so much fun and this is probably the only time in my life I’ll be able to do it.”

After being in school for about two months everyone needs a little break.

“It’s also just nice to get away from school for a while and break up the semester a little,” said Werlinitsch.

Jordana Marshall, a freshman, plans to spend the week in Daytona Beach.

“I wanted to be in the warm weather,” said Marshall. “Where we are staying is centrally located and we do not need to rent a car down there.”

Chelsea VanVleet, a freshman, has had her heart set on a vacation from the start.

“We were really looking into going to Mexico, Bahamas or Jamaica, but when we started looking it was too late. The prices were out of our price range,” she said.

VanVleet is one of the many students working their way down to Florida.

“We really wanted to get away from the cold and decided that Florida was our best option,” said VanVleet.

She said Daytona was said to be one of the top Spring Break places in the U.S. so she chose it as her destination.

“We ended up getting the plane tickets through my travel agent at home and then got the hotel and a party package through a Spring Break travel company that we found online,” said VanVleet.

Others plan on going home or staying at Quinnipiac.

“I’m staying because if I go away, I won’t get all my work done. Being an RA I will make a small profit for staying during break,” said Lexi Chuba, a junior. “Being a junior with a double major, I have a lot of work to do. Why would I want to get away from Quinnipiac when I can stay an extra week and get paid for it?”