Update on Senior Week

Senior Week committee members began last Friday’s meeting with a bellow of laughter, knowing they had made progress with the events scheduled for the celebration in May.

Co-coordinators Felicity Melillo and Austin Ashe began the meeting by passing out an updated agenda sheet, including the event manager’s responsibilities yet to complete before Senior Week. Each member provided the latest report on their event, sharing prices, activities and entertainment scheduled for the day or night. There are two events still to be finalized. The committee discussed what steps need to be made next based on the information provided from each event manager.

Members shared ideas for additional materials needed for the week, including late-night snacks for all seniors after each event, decorations, Senior Week theme ideas and other ways to accommodate the senior class.

Treasurer Pam McCarthy said the Senior Week budget should hold out if the committee members continue to make smart financial decisions regarding the events.

Committee members remind all seniors the last day to withdrawal from the Senior Week celebration is March 7. After this date, the $200 payment is nonrefundable.

This year’s Senior Week participants comprise the largest group in school history. Therefore, the Senior Week committee has a limited amount of facilities to pick from in the Connecticut area in order to accommodate a capacity of 550 people. The committee has to also make arrangements for an indoor facility in case of bad weather, which can be difficult to find.

But there is a portion of Senior Week when all seniors are invited, according to Monique Drucker, assistant dean of Student Affairs, who was the Senior Week adviser last year.

The Parents’ Reception, which is arranged by the Public Affairs department, will be held the Friday before graduation at the Alumni House. This event is open to all seniors and their families.

Committee members will provide information sessions for all Senior Week participants at the end of March. Each participant is required to attend an information session to learn more about living situations in the dorms, bus transportation, and itinerary for the week.

All seniors are encouraged to read their Quinnipiac e-mail for new information regarding Senior Week. For additional information or to give suggestions on Senior Week, e-mail Felicity Melillo or Austin Ashe at their respective Quinnipiac e-mail addresses, and look for next week’s follow-up article in The Chronicle.