Quinnipiac ranks 15th in America’s best colleges

Ever wonder where Quinnipiac ranks among other colleges and universities in the Northeast?
    According to U.S. News and World Report’s 2003 Edition of America’s Best Colleges, Quinnipiac University is ranked 15th out of 42 colleges and universities in our region for Best Universities-Master’s.
    This is the seventh consecutive year U.S. News has named Quinnipiac one of the best universities in the country.
    “With this ranking, Quinnipiac is up there with well known schools, and this will only help Quinnipiac become more recognized throughout the United States,” said Melissa Dudra, president of the Student Government Association.
    The poll looked at institutions that provide a full range of undergraduate and master’s level programs.
    U.S. News and World Report rated Quinnipiac with an overall score of 68, compared to Villanova who ranked first with 100 and Providence College who ranked second with a score of 88.
    Quinnipiac had an average graduation rate of 74 percent, an average freshmen retention rate of 86 percent, 57 of the classes have less than 20 students and only one percent over 50 students.
    The student-to-faculty ratio is 15 to one, 85 percent of the faculty members are full time, the average SAT score is 1025-1220, 54 percent of the freshman graduated in the top 25 percent of their high school class, the freshmen acceptance rate is 72 percent and 34 percent of the Alumni give money back to Quinnipiac.
    “Being ranked shows that it is an exciting time to be a part of the Quinnipiac community, and each year Quinnipiac is attracting a more diverse group of students, faculty and staff,” said Hope Zettwoch, assistant director of the Carl Hansen Student Center and Student Leadership Development.