New staff members join QU team

Name: Jennifer Mendicino
    Position: Residence Hall Director for Larson, Perlroth, Troup and Complex, Adviser to SADD
    Originally from: Rye Brook, NY
    School-Degree-Year: Keene State College-bachelor of arts in elementary education and sociology-2000, master’s degree in school counseling-2002
    Goals/Expectations: “I want to get to know Quinnipiac and get involved, as well as having a great experience while I am here. I want to challenge myself and take on new committees.”

Name: Melany K. Smith
    Position: Residence Hall Director for Irmagarde Tator Hall and Dana English Hall
    Originally from: Allentown, PA
    School-Degree-Year: Millersville University-bachelor of arts in social work-2000, Indiana University of Pennsylvania-master of arts in student affairs-2002
    Goals/Expectations: “To run Irma and Dana and to get to know the residents and form relationships with different members of the university. I want to excel in this position and maintain relationships with students and close bonds with my twelve RA’s.”

Name: Caryn Crane
    Position: Assistant Director of Student Employment in Career Services
    Responsibility: Developing internship opportunities for students
    Originally from: Wayne, N.J.
    School-Degree-Year: Ithaca College-bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minor in art history and sociology-2000,
    Kutztown University-master’s degree in student affairs and higher education-2002
    Goals/Expectations: “My goals are to work together with other departments on campus to formalize and further both the student employment program and the internship program.”

Name: Carleen Roy-Butler
    Position: Assistant Director of Community Service and Experimental Learning in Career Services
    Responsibility: Coordinate community service work
    Originally from: Woonsocket, R.I.
    School-Degree-Year: St. Michael’s College-bachelor’s degree in sociology-1996, University of Rhode Island-master’s degree in college student personnel-2002,
    Goals/Expectations: “I would like to give students a very positive experience working in the community, so that they make it apart of their life. I am looking forward to learning about building on programs that already exist on campus.”

Name: Kerstin Soderlund
    Position: Director of the Carl Hansen Student Center and Student Leadership Development
    School-Degree: University of Rhode Island-bachelor’s degree in marine affairs, Rutgers University-master’s degree in counseling psychology, University of Virginia-doctorate degree in higher education administration
    Goals/Expectations: “I am excited to further develop and enhance leadership development opportunities at
    Quinnipiac and reach out to clubs and organizations not directly advised by office staff.”

Name: Brad Zukowski
    Position: Residence Hall Director for The Commons
    Originally from: Buffalo, N.Y.
    School-Degree-Year: Rochester Institute of Technology-bachelor of arts in communications-1997
    Goals/Expectations: “I want to get acclimated with Quinnipiac and I want to help all freshmen in The Commons to
    adjust to college life.”

Name: Melinda Sutton
    Position: Assistant Director for Greeks and Media
    Originally from: Texas
    School-Degree: Southern Methodist University-bachelor’s degree in public relations, Indiana University-master’s
    degree in higher education and student affairs
    Goals/Expectations: “I am most eager to meet and work with Quinnipiac students and I am looking forward to a
    great year.”

Other changes:
    Name: Hope Zettwoch
    Position: Assistant Director for Operations
    School-Degree: Wellesley College-bachelor’s degree in theater studies, University of Connecticut-master’s degree in higher education administration

Monique Drucker took over at Student Affairs for Leonora Campbell. Campbell left to go to Fairfield University.

Ed Kavanaugh left Academic Affairs and Bill Keep from the School of Business is the new Associate Vice President for Adacemic Affairs.

Hans Bergman is the new dean of Liberal Arts.
    David Donelly is the new assistant dean of the School of Communications.