Student Center Director Michael Miller to leave Quinnipiac in June

After almost five years at Quinnipiac, a familiar face will be leaving campus.
    Michael Miller, director of the Carl Hansen Student Center and Student Leadership Development, will be moving to Chicago to take advantage of a unique opportunity. Miller will be speaking to and consulting student leaders and staff at various universities, in addition to corporate clients all over the United States.
    He will be starting as a consultant, doing leadership conferences on power, authority and management topics.
    Although it will be hard to leave, Miller is looking forward to using his skills and talents to impact students. He said that he will also enjoy having more time in his schedule.
    Miller, whose last day is June 7, said he has enjoyed his career at Quinnipiac immensely.
    “I love Quinnipiac,” said Miller. “I am going to miss the students and their energy, sense of humor, and commitment to the institution, along with the office, the staff and my co-workers.”
    As the director of the Student Center and Student Leadership Development, Miller has the responsibility of overseeing student activities, working with committees, setting policies, developing student leadership skills, and setting up a leadership conference every year.
    Miller is greatly involved with the Emerging Leaders Program, while also spending much of his time advising the Student Government Association.
    “We are a university with a direction,” said Miller. “It has been neat to be part of an institution with a vision, and to work with students who are involved with that vision.”
    Quinnipiac is currently in the process of finding a replacement.
    Miller said he would like to thank all of the faculty, staff, and students at Quinnipiac, who he believes have taught him more than he has taught them. He said he wishes nothing but continued success for Quinnipiac.