PA students to sponsor annual Cow Chip Raffle

The physician’s assistant students will be sponsoring their third annual raffle, and their fifth annual “5k Run for Your Life” on Saturday April 20.
    “What is a Cow Chip Raffle?” you may ask. It’s simple; a field will be divided into a grid of one thousand plots, and you can purchase a ticket corresponding to one plot for ten dollars.
    Then three well-fed cows will be let loose in the field. If a cow drops a “chip” on your plot, you win one of three prizes.
    First prize is $1,500, second prize is $1,000 and third prize is $500.
    Students are encouraged to buy a ticket because the raffle supports a good cause.
    In addition to the raffle and the 5k race, there will be a children’s race and a silent auction.
    All proceeds from the raffle, the races, and the auction, will go to the Physician Assistants Host City Prevention Program, which will donate to Bridge Over Troubled Waters, a non-profit home for troubled youths in Boston, to free health clinics across the country, and to the Quinnipiac’s Physician Assistant Student Society.
    All events will be held on the intramural fields.
    Registration for the race will begin at 8 a.m., and the race starts at 9 a.m.
    The cost of the race is $15 for those who pre-register, and on $17 the day of the event. The raffle starts at 11 a.m.
    To register for the race or purchase a raffle ticket visit 2002.qupaclass.com/run_for_your_life.htm, or email: Teresa.Stewart @quinnipiac.edu.