Hartford gives students great entertainment

It’s a city that never sleeps. It is a place where music, energy and excitement dominate both the Meadows Music Center and the Webster Theatre, according to some music lovers at Quinnipiac. Welcome to Hartford.
    One of the biggest rock shows held in Conn., hosted by Radio 104, is the Rock 104 Fest, held once a year at the CTNow Meadows Music Center in Hartford.
    It’s a concert held all day and all night where hundreds of people come, according to sophomore music lover Kristen Peloso, to see their favorite band perform on both inside and outside stages.
    “The whole environment at the Meadows is great, because you can just chill back on the lawn and listen to music,” said Peloso.
    The Rock 104 Fest this year will be coming up on May 27, according to Radio 104. So far, Greenday, Blink182, and Saves the Day will be performing. More bands will be announced weekly on Radio 104 and their web site. Tickets are on sale now at $32.50 for lawn and Pavillion seats, which are first come first serve and indoors.
    Sophomore Denise Tretola said it’s awesome that since the indoor stage is right in front of the lawn, people without stage seats are still able to see the show.
    Peloso said that the 104 fest in 2000 left her in awe when the music group, Live, came to the stage that evening. She said when they played, “Lightning Crashes,” it was breathtaking to see nothing but lighters fill up the sky.
    She also felt that nothing compared to Blink182’s performance last year.
    “I’ve always wanted to see them and the concert was everything I thought it would be and more,” said Tretola.
    The Meadows is not the only place, according to Peloso, where music lovers can go. The Webster Theatre, Hartford’s “rock” capital according to the theater itself, is another popular place to see shows.
    The group, Jimmy Eat World took over the Webster Theatre on March 19, and on March 27 Hoobastank and 311 hit the stage. The Dashboard Confessional is a show at Webster Theatre, according to Radio 104, that music lovers cannot miss. They will take over the stage on April 3.