Head to Walt Disney to relax and escape

Traveling to Walt Disney World for a week of relaxation and escape was highly anticipated, and it turned out to be one of the most rewarding experiences.
    It is difficult to say whether Disney World changes when one ages or whether it is the unfortunate commercialization it is experiencing, but countless attractions are now sponsored by prominent businesses. Those who have previously witnessed the magic and excitement can easily say it has changed, and not necessarily for the better. But overall, it is the happiest place on earth, and it was still nice to visit a place that offers such a diverse abundance of activities to a diverse crowd of visitors.
    Florida itself is a relaxing place to visit. The weather was awesome all week. At a constant 75-degrees and bright blue, clear sky, anybody coming from New Jersey and 35 degrees would be ecstatic. We never had to worry about bringing the rain gear and normal clothes, because as everyone knows, it only rains for ten minutes in Florida before the sunny skies return.
    The rides at Disney World have changed. Some are more advanced and geared more for adults. Rides like Test Track and Space Mountain kept us busy for hours. Epcot has altered its park, and there was a newly built attraction centered solely around virtual video games, where the video game lover can sit for hours experimenting with current systems, such as X-Box and Play Station 2.
    Some rides and attractions remained the same. Classics like Dumbo’s ride, Peter Pan and Snow White and the Honey I Shrunk the Audience rides still took center stage. Those rides are a lot cheesier the older you are, but still enjoyable.
    The best part about going to Disney World as an adult is watching the little kids who were experiencing everything for the first time. Their facial expressions were priceless.
    The highlight of our week away from Connecticut had to be Pleasure Island. Pleasure Island is exactly what it claims to be, an island of pleasure. It is definitely the place for the 20’s crowd to hang out, as there is more than a decent amount of nightlife, dance, comedy clubs and bars. The enormous movie theater, housing about 20 screens, was the perfect place for an older couple to visit if they were not into the night life.
    No matter how much is spent exploring new lands at Disney, there is never enough time to see it all. It is suffice to say that another Disney World trip is already in the planning stages.