Greek Forum creates friendships

Both organizational involvement and long-lasting friendships can be obtained at Quinnipiac University by joining one of the two sororities; Phi Sigma Sigma or Alpha Chi Omega, or by joining the fraternity Tau Kappa Epsilon.
    A Greek Forum was held in Alumni Hall at 5 p.m. on Feb. 1.
    At the forum students were able to socialize and ask questions about Greek life and what it is like being a sister or brother.
    Kevin Supple, junior and secretary of TKE, liked the idea of having a forum that allowed people a chance to see what Greek Life is about.
    “The forum helps people get more of an interest in Greek life,” said Supple.
    Several girls attended the forum and many of the sisters in both sororities were pleased.
    Andrea Penke, junior and Vice-President of Phi Sigma Sigma said she was very pleased with the turnout. “It should be a good week and there are a good amount of girls,” said Penke.
    A Greek life catalog was given to students as they walked in and signed information sheets.
    Jaclyn Primiano, senior and recruitment counselor thought the forum was very successful. “It was very informative and great for potential new members,” said Primiano.
    If you are looking for friends for life, Greek Life is a good place to find it.
    “I would not have met a lot of my best friends if I had not joined,” said Dave Carleton, junior and historian of TKE.
    The atmosphere at the forum was different from the typical stereotype surrounding Greek Life. The attitude was a positive one.
    “We are looking to build a Greek community,” said Primiano.
    After the information session, the sisters answered questions that