Women’s Basketball: Pratt’s career night sets tone for Bobcats

Lailah Pratt had a career night in the Bobcats’ 71-62 win over Fairleigh Dickinson concluding a three-game home stand. Pratt set new career-highs with nine points and 10 rebounds.

The Bobcats got off to a quick start, leading by as many as 10 in the first half. Going into the second, the Bobcats were looking to keep the pressure on and seal the win.

After the Knights pulled within five, the Bobcats began to regain control. Alyssa Jann scored six of her nine points and 12 second half points from Jacinda Dunbar helped build the lead to 16 with 4:30 remaining in the game. The Knights made a run to cut the lead to nine, but the lead was too much to overcome.

“We were in control tonight and led wire-to-wire,” Quinnipiac head coach Tricia Fabbri said. “I really liked how we played with a lead and how we were able to use offensive outbursts to build and extend that lead down the stretch.”

With the win, the Bobcats improve to 8-7 overall and 3-1 in the Northeast Conference. This is the first time they have been over .500 this season.

The Bobcats broke the program’s Division I record for assists in a game with 22, the second time this season they have dished out 20 or more assists.

The Bobcats return to action on Jan. 14 when they play NEC rival Central Connecticut State University in New Britain, Conn.