Fabulous fashion at ‘New Moon’ premiere

Despite the ever-popular theme of vampirism in the blockbuster “Twilight” saga, the red carpet was lit with far-from-ominous fashions at the “New Moon” premiere. On Monday, Nov. 16 the all-star cast gathered in Westwood, Calif., to promote the premiere of the newest movie in the “Twilight” saga.

Looking as dashing as he was scruffy, lead male vampire Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen) made Team Edward females everywhere sigh with adoration. Dressed in a jet-black suit, accompanied appropriately by a black skinny tie, Pattinson sported his signature frazzled and carelessly-styled locks at the premiere. (Of course, his fans would expect nothing less).

The real showstopper at the premiere, in the category of males that is, was co-star and part-werewolf Taylor Lautner, who plays Jacob Black throughout the series. Not only was Lautner presentable and well put-together, but his dapper navy blue suit and paisley gray skinny tie worked to accentuate his sharp facial features and bright white smile. Overall, Lautner’s ensemble was a great success, though Team Jacob was most likely disappointed to see his six pack completely covered.

Lautner and Pattinson may have looked fierce, but it was the ladies of “New Moon” who stole the show.

Leading lady Kristen Stewart (Bella) flaunted a neutral beige Oscar de la Renta dress with blue detailing. Though the dress was stunning and perfectly matched Stewart’s pale skin, her hair was in need of serious styling.

Ashley Greene (Alice Cullen) challenged the shade of the red carpet with her Prabal Gurung halter dress with shoulder cut-outs. And she won! Greene’s hairdo was impeccably premiere-worthy and complimented the cut of her dress as well as her unique bone structure.

“New Moon” newbie Dakota Fanning (Jane) was visually both age-appropriate and timeless in her Valentino dress and crimson pumps. Chic, yet trendy with a slight edge, Fanning graced the red carpet with perhaps one of the best looks of the night.

Every red carpet is host to the girl who just “did not get it” and this time, it was Christian Serratos. Though she plays the minor role of Angela in the movie, it was almost impossible to overlook Serratos at the premiere in her barely-there, ultra shiny dress and almost-purple lipstick. She may have the body to flaunt such a dress, but the premiere was not the occasion to do it.

Nikki Reed (Rosalie Cullen) looked sweet and classy in a light blue Burberry dress, paired with gray strappy heels. Sporting her natural dark brown updo, Reed’s appearance was the polar opposite from her bleach blonde character, Rosalie. The natural locks and sun tan suite her well, despite Rosalie’s notoriety for blonde hair and pale skin.

Some got it right while others completely missed the target, but all in all, the cast of “New Moon” did not disappoint. We’ll see how they do when it comes time for the third installment, “Eclipse” which premieres in June 2010. Stay tuned.