Alpha Chi pulls out all the stops

The runways of Paris and New York City have been populated in the recent weeks with models and new fashions. Last Saturday at Quinnipiac, students were able to experience the same thrill on their own campus.

A wave of excitement was in the air in Alumni Hall on March 20 during the annual Alpha Chi Omega Spring fashion show. Tickets were $5 for students, but half of the attendance included adults. Tux-clad boys stole the hearts of nearly every girl in the room while the bright satin dresses worn by the girls turned heads.

The fashions were strut down the makeshift runway in the center of Alumni Hall by all five fraternities and sororities on campus, as well as Quinnipiac’s men’s soccer team. The fashion show featured formal and casual wear from local Hamden and New Haven shops such as Seychelles, Wishlist, Denali, Enclave, Trailblazer, Lizy B, Cache and Modern Formals.

Every year, Quinnipiac’s chapter of the Alphi Chi Omega sorority hosts a Spring Fashion show to benefit the Hunger Project. The Hunger Project is a non-profit, world-wide organization that works to end world hunger by helping men and women to become self-reliant. The organization’s main focus is to build homes, empower women, and build alliances with the local government.

The project was deemed “not a donation but an investment,” by the spokeswomen of Alpha Chi Omega.

While satin dresses and tuxes will hardly change the world, this fashion show may be one step in the right direction.