Hellogoodbye performance “one of the best concerts of the year”

In front of a crazy crowd, the powerpop-indie band known as Hellogoodbye took center stage at The Crazy Donkey in Farmingdale, Long Island. At the Nov. 8 show, they played an eleven-song set, plus a three-song encore performance. This show will definitely find itself in the category of one of the best concerts this year.

Forrest Kline, Joseph Marro, Travis Head and Chris Profeta played both songs off of their 2006 “Zombies! Aliens! Dinosaurs!” album and even some new material. They started with the song “All Time Low.” After they finished the opening song, lead singer Kline spoke about how he wasn’t feeling well and that his voice was losing his voice. Hellogoodbye went on to play songs such as “Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn (Take It Back To Square One),” “Dear Jamie (Sincerely Me),” “Figures A and B (Means You and Me),” “All of Your Love,” “I Saw It On Your Keyboard,” and “Here (In Your Arms).” One of the new songs played included the popular “You Sleep Alone.” These songs ranged from the normal synthpop sound they’re known for to the simplicity of an acoustic mandolin.

After a brief time off stage, Hellogoodbye returned to do their three-song encore performance. This included “Oh, It Is Love,” Adam Sandler’s “Grow Old With You,” and “Touchdown Turnaround (Don’t Give Up On Me).” When the last song was played, the crowd was singing along loudly, jumping up and down, and dancing with enthusiasm, which was something that they had done throughout the entire show. This was truly a concert to be celebrated.

Overall, Hellogoodbye put on an amazing show for only $20. It was a show that was well worth more. If you have never seen this group play, I highly recommend doing so. Unfortunately, their BBQ Tour is finishing up within the next few days on the west coast, but be sure to check them out the next time they hit the road — you will not be disappointed. Check out their MySpace (www.myspace/hellogoodbye) for more information.