Quinnipiac women’s golf finishes seventh

The Quinnipiac women’s golf team came in seventh place out of eight teams in the Sacred Heart Fall Classic at Great River Country Club in Milford this weekend. The Bobcats posted a two-day total of 770.

The Bobcats carded a 386 on the first day. Junior Kayla Ketcheson once again led the Bobcats with an 83 continuing her solid play of late, after firing a career-best and school-record 80 in last weekend’s Rutgers Invitational.  Jennifer Forlenza added a 94, while Hannah Russell and Amanda Nagel carded 100 and 109, respectively. Nicole Ferretti rounded out the Bobcat’s squad with a 112. After the first day the Bobcats trailed the Pioneers by 59 strokes.

Ketcheson added an 87 in the second round, finishing the two-day tournament tied in 11th with a 170 (+26). Russell tied for 32nd overall with a second round 93, improving seven shots for a two-day total of 193. Forlenza and Ferretti placed in 36th and 37th with scores of 203 and 207, respectively. Ferretti had the biggest difference between rounds, as she improved 17 shots to a 95. Nagel fired consecutive 109s, coming in 39th place for a total of 218.

Sacred Heart won its own event by 12 strokes with a team score of 661.  The Northeast Conference had the top three teams as Long Island and Monmouth came in second and third with scores of 673 and 683.

Kristyna Paulickova of Boston University was the individual medalist with a score of 155, firing an opening round 79 and a closing round 76 that was tied for the low round of Monday.  LIU’s Anna Palsson had the opening round medalist lead with five shots 74 but fired a second round 82 to come in second place overall with a two-day total of 156. Boston University’s Flor Canedo rounded out the top three by firing a second round 76 after a five shot swing from an opening round 81 for a total of 157.