Senior victim of hit-and-run

A Quinnipiac senior was still in critical condition Sunday after he was the victim of a hit-and-run on Whitney Avenue early Saturday
    morning.

Police said that Robert Aliano was struck at around 1 a.m. on Saturday as he crossed Whitney near Renshaw Road.

Witnesses said that a small,southbound grey car hit Aliano and did not stop. The police said Aliano was not using a crosswalk when he
    was struck.

University spokesperson John Morgan said that counseling services have been made available to Aliano’s friends.

“Robert is a well-liked senior studying marketing at the university,” Morgan said. “The thoughts and prayers of the campus community are with Robert, his family and friends during this very difficult time. Counseling services are being made available to Robert’s friends at the university.”

On March 6, freshman Kaitlyn Sarcona received a leg injury when she was hit near the intersection of Whitney and Sherman.
    A freshman was killed at that same intersection in 2007.

Jennifer Herschkowitz was intoxicated as she attempted to cross Whitney and was struck by a car that was driving within the speed
    limit, according to the New Haven
    Register.

Charlene Lauria, an employee of the Dunkin Donuts on the corner of Sherman and Whitney, said that while the town should put crosswalks there, “Quinnipiac is to blame too.

They’re accepting all these new kids and building new dorms all over the place. Maybe they could spend a little money on helping traffic here.

I’ve seen one girl get killed, another get hit, and a girl who comes here all the time hit someone else,” Lauria said.